London Chiropodist and Foot Specialist
Feet By Pody is a London-based chiropody and podiatry clinic, working from four locations around the capital. Our friendly, professional team of chiropodists and podiatrists are dedicated to providing you with the best possible care for your feet. Whether you have a specific foot problem or you simply want a little loving attention for your poor, neglected feet, we’ll do our best to put the spring back in your step.
A Little Bit About Us…
Feet By Pody was established in 2006 by Nicolas Ivanoff, who started the business at our Canary Wharf clinic. Since then, the business has expanded and today Nicolas and his experienced team of podiatrists run 4 modern, well-equipped clinics in the London area:
• Canary Wharf E14.
• City EC2
• Woolwich Royal Arsenal SE18
• London Bridge SE1
Our friendly team of highly skilled foot specialists are all members of The Society of Chiropodists & Podiatrists and The Health & Care Professions Council, meaning that you’re in safe, experienced hands.
A Quick Note about Chiropodists and Podiatrists
You’ve probably noticed we use the words ‘chiropodist’ and ‘podiatrist’ interchangeably. We’re not doing this to confuse you. There’s no difference between a chiropodist and a podiatrist; a podiatrist is simply a more modern name. We use both names to make sure everybody who needs us can find us, regardless of which name they’re most familiar with.
Looking After Your Feet
Our feet endure more physical punishment on a daily basis than any other part of our bodies. They support us throughout the many thousands of miles we walk in our lifetime, and participate in all our daily activities from shopping to sport. But they’re often one of the most neglected parts of the body.
It’s little wonder, therefore, that foot problems are common. But this doesn’t mean they’ll go away on their own. If left untreated, they can lead to discomfort and pain, and may also contribute to other health issues.
How Chiropody and Podiatry Can Help You
There are many reasons people seek the advice and treatment of a foot specialist. A chiropodist or podiatrist can help in a number of different scenarios.
• Like teeth, feet need regular check-ups to see if they’re in good health and to prevent problems from occurring. Podiatrists are highly skilled and able to pick up on tell-tale signs of foot damage or nail and skin problems before they become serious.
• A faulty foot posture can lead to stress on joints higher up the body. If you suffer pain in the foot, knee, hip or back, a quick trip to your chiropodist will help get to the root of the problem.
• If you’re a professional or amateur sportsperson, your feet have to cope with more high-impact exercises than most people, which could affect your overall foot health.
• If you have a painful or unsightly foot problem, such as a sore nail, a nail with unusual marks, hard skin, or a skin disorder such as a verruca, a foot specialist can treat the problem and help alleviate pain.
• People with diabetes are particularly prone to dulling of pain receptors, so they might miss a minor cut, scrape, or sore that could lead to ulceration and even amputation. A regular monthly visit to an experienced podiatrist will ensure any problems are picked up at an early stage.
• Chiropodists work with people of all ages. If you want your children’s feet checked or have an elderly relative who’s unable to look after their feet properly, an appointment with a foot specialist gives everybody peace of mind.
Chiropody and Podiatry Services from Feet By Pody
Feet By Pody offers a wide range of specialist chiropody and podiatry services for people of all ages and a range of different medical conditions. Our foot specialists work closely with you, carrying out a one-to-one examination and consultation, before recommending the best course of action.
We accept referrals from other health professionals, and believe our foot care services are sometimes part of a larger puzzle, so we work with orthopaedic consultants, chiropractors and physiotherapists to ensure you receive the best possible treatment.
As chiropodists and podiatrists, we’ve seen it all. No foot problem is too large, too small, or too embarrassing for us. We treat all our patients with the same courtesy and respect, and we’ll listen to your anxieties and fears and do our best to answer your queries, put you at ease, and nurse your feet back to the best possible health.
If you’re seeking a truly professional service from an experienced, friendly team of chiropodists and podiatrists in London, contact Feet by Pody today or book an appointment online.