Information We Collect
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from our business, you will normally provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone numbers, medical information and payment information. We will store your information on an electronic patient record and diary system which are fully secured. We will never store or keep details such as your bank account or debit/credit card number for further payment. Shall you decide to pay over the phone or by bank transfer the details are only used at the time of the transaction and they will be destroyed accordingly to the current regulation.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- Where it is necessary for the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment or to provide patient support.
- We will contact you by Email and SMS to confirm and remind of a forthcoming appointment.
- We will contact you by Email and SMS about your forthcoming appointment in case there is a change or an update.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, we will contact you by Email and SMS with product offers, newsletters and updates about our clinics;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, we will contact you by Email and SMS to remind you of due check-ups or review appointments according to your treatment plan.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our patients is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent, we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care. We will also email you directly some of your results in case of tests.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as external reception services and or laboratories we will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If We sell or merge our business, We may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I am legally required to.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, We may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) us, processing of some of your information based on your legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent for receiving them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Us
For purposes of the GDPR, I, Feet By Pody ltd, Nicolas Ivanoff, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at : firstname.lastname@example.org.